2000Ltr and 5000Ltr capacity Solarized Bulk Milk Chiller
Agriculture and milk production is dominant mode of income generation and part of expanding cash economy in the rural areas. The retention quality of dairy products critically depend upon the method of storage and processing before dispatch to consumption areas which is in general away from collection centers. One of the widely used processing unit for milk is the Bulk Milk Chiller (BMC), where milk is collected and cooled to 3-4 degree C before dispatch from BMC center. Currently, the BMC compressor, its exhaust fan, pressure valve and BMCs’ auxiliaries such as stirrer machine, temperature control unit, unloading pumps, etc. are run by Diesel Engine based Generator. There are thousands of BMC serving at almost all states of India and most of African countries, known in policy lingo as cattle belt areas. One the reason of using Diesel engine for driving BMC is that it is reliable source and can be installed at any place. Interrupted power supply to BMC can cost huge financial and reputational cost. Thus, diesel engine based generators is traditional method of energizing BMC. Unfortunately, diesel engines suffer from following drawbacks. Cost of operation is very, very high. Diesel prices are volatile and always have increasing trend. It pollutes environment and increases carbon footprint. Diesel transportation adds exponentially to the cost of chilling. Higher capacity diesel generator is used to kick start compressor and thus DG sets run at partial power with poor efficiency (e.g. 6kW DG set is used to run 2.8kW compressor and its auxiliary)
- Kisan Solar is developing SolarizedBMCto run two times loading of 2000Ltr and 5000Ltr capacity Bulk Milk Chiller.
- Maximum capacity to interface solar photovoltaic Panels to 2000LtrSolarized BMC is 10kW (STC). USAC running BMC interfaces 33kWHr Lithium iron phosphate battery for storing PV power and backup to load.
- USAC takes care of automatic temperature control and running other auxiliary elements such as Solenoid valves, Stirrer motor, Blower in expansion unit, temperature sensing, etc.
- Single phase supply support is optional and based on grid availability. Most of the remote area may not have grid supply availability. In those cases, additional PV panels can be used to ensure enough energy over a day to support BMC.
- System protections (short circuits, over-voltages, lightening, earthing, etc.).
- Remote monitoring (all system parameters at sampling rate 5 minutes), Remote control (via mobile and IR remote)
- Specifications of load in 2000Ltr BMC: Three phase compressor with load 4.5kW; Exhaust motor of compressor 1phase, 150W, 50Hz, 230V; Two Stirrer motor 1phase, 70W, 50Hz, 230V each; Temperature control unit 10Vdc single for temp sense, 230V supply; Solenoid valve control supply 230V, 50Hz, AC